At ScalableHR™ we know it's not just a job, it's your calling. That's why we're here to help you find your next great opportunity. Browse job openings in software, sales, marketing, admin positions, and more...
we're dedicated to your success
Helping you find your next great opportunity
About PUMA Utility Monitoring Inc.We are a SaaS company, spun out of one of the leading energy management consulting firms in Canada – Prism Engineering, dedicated to sustainability by helping private and public sector organizations reduce their energy use and carbon footprint. Our SaaS energy monitoring and analysis solution is an established market leader used by over 1200 sites across Canada and has been helping users save energy and reduce carbon footprints for over 15 years. We are recruiting an Outbound Sales Representative to be a part of our growth success story, who is as passionate about sustainability and climate change as we are! If that’s you, then join us and put your entrepreneurial mindset, outstanding sales skills, and passion to create a greener and more energy efficient world to work.
Your contributions and responsibilities include:
- High volume “cold calling”, chasing new leads, and building and maintaining a pipeline of potential clients
- Effectively communicate our solutions and services to meet potential clients’ expectations and their energy saving needs and targets
- Perform early-stage demonstration of our products, solutions, and services
- Prepare and submit frequent sales reports to internal stakeholders and management
- Prepare, organize, and structure our sales processes from lead generation and value creation to negotiation and close
- Conduct market analysis and develop effective and relevant sales scripts and guidelines
- Leverage learning channels to continually enhance knowledge and understanding of current and evolving markets
Qualifications and Experience
- Sales track record of complex offerings
- 2+ years of B2B software sales/account executive background (i.e., selling to public sector)
- Understanding of utility management and monitoring software practices, preferably in a SaaS-based organization
- Demonstrated sales lead development and account cultivation skills, including effective negotiation, and closing techniques
- Post-secondary education with focus on sales, business, and/or marketing
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
About PUMA Utility Monitoring Inc.
We are a SaaS company, spun out of one of the leading energy management consulting firms in Canada – Prism Engineering, dedicated to sustainability by helping private and public sector organizations reduce their energy use and carbon footprint. Our SaaS energy monitoring and analysis solution is an established market leader used by over 1200 sites across Canada and has been helping users save energy and reduce carbon footprints for over 15 years.
Do you want to be part of PUMA’s next chapter? This is an excellent opportunity if you are a senior-level developer with web migration and preferably, full-stack experience in energy management applications or analytics, reporting and charting software. You have previously led small development teams and managed software projects. You could ‘think with a project management hat’ and engage with various stakeholders on product requirements and features to build a great software.
The Software and Database Lead Developer Role
As Software and Database Lead Developer you will play a key role in leading PUMA’s front- and back-end development efforts. You will dive in to analyze the current system and help the team migrate it to the cloud/next generation platform and update it to the latest database and web application technologies. You will contribute to the design and architecture, research solutions, build out new features, and help continuously improve the overall quality of our code base. You will coordinate resources and timelines of multiple projects and work closely with various internal and external stakeholders in selecting appropriate technologies, planning out the architecture, and executing on plans.
Your responsibilities include the following:
- Lead the overall software development effort and coordinate the work of senior front- and back-end developers
- Work closely with different internal and external users such as data analysts and client Energy Managers to obtain feedback and translate user stories into functional applications and features
- Design, build, test and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Design and implement database structures to support new features
- Identify bugs and bottlenecks, root causes, and possible solutions
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the application and databases
- Plan for scalability and future capacity of the servers and databases
- Coordinate resources and timelines of multiple projects related to the release of new product features and improvement of existing functionalities
Qualifications and Experience
The following qualifications, experience and competences are considered essential:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- At least 10 years of software development experience in a professional capacity, including experience in building and leading small development teams and managing software projects
- Ability to ‘think with a product management hat’ regarding product requirements and features
- Skilled in the application of fundamental design principles behind a scalable web application, preferably using ASP.Net / .Net Framework 4.5
- Expert-level understanding of large-scale RDBMS design, preferably in the Microsoft SQL Server environment
- Experience with migration of web applications to the cloud
- Proficiency with versioning, build and deployment tools such as Git and SVN
- Ability to clearly communicate with both technical and non-technical team members
The following are considered major assets:
- Full-stack development experience
- Experience with energy management applications or analytics, reporting and charting software
- Experience designing and implementing public API’s and RESTful endpoints
*** Please submit a cover letter with your application.
ScalableHR and our clients value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.